I found a great list of ideas and items for adding touches of nostalgia to a room for some very shabby chic decor using a wide variety of vintage household items. Most of these should be easy to find in local antique shops and yard sales and when they aren’t readily available I opt for inexpensive, commercially available reproductions.
Here are a few suggestions of items to insert into your shabby chic decor project.
- Pewter compacts in varying sizes and shapes
- Vintage purses and handbags
- Antique game boards framed as wall art
- Linens with cabbage roses, calico prints from the 1930’s and 1940’s, and grain bag patterns
- Oilcloth table coverings
- Roller towel racks and wooden folding towel racks
- Blue and white speckled cooking pots
- Vintage handkerchiefs
- Dishes with a rose motif
UPDATE 2017: Get more ideas with the comprehensive list of shabby chic decor ideas from searching for them on Pinterest, Etsy and Google. Here is a great big list I found on another blog.
When you’re ready to start your project, be sure to check out the General Mercantile here at White Oak Attic. There are often items in stock that are perfect for shabby chic decorating.